While your Lennox® heating system cannot talk to you, it has a way to get your attention when there’s a furnace error.
Its motherboard has double LED lights that can display a fault code. Based on the fault, your furnace might show solid or flashing lights.
Though there are certain simple heating adjustments you can take care of without an expert, many fixes are best left to HVAC technicians. When your furnace will not start or put out heat, call Age Heating & Cooling at 208-603-2210 for experienced furnace repair in Sandpoint.
Our specialists will rapidly discover and repair the breakdown, even if you don’t have a Lennox heater. We can repair any kinds or configuration—and get the comfort returned to your house fast.
What Does the Blinking Light on My Heating System Mean?
Your heater depends on lights to flash code when it requires repairs. It also engages this system to relay it’s operating correctly.
Normal heating includes:
- Concurrent slow flash—heating system operating correctly.
- Concurrent fast flash—heating system is initiating the call for heat.
If you realize that a single light going on and off slowly and the other flashing fast, your furnace might be having a low flame signal. This can happen even when your heater is running properly. It means the flame sensing rod could need to be cleaned or in the bad spot on the burner. Contact us at 208-603-2210 for support.
Here are several other of the most routine problems for Lennox heating systems.
Heating System Will Not Start
Here are some of the light sequences you might observe when your heat won’t turn on or keep operating. The bulk of these problems have to be taken care of by a technician, such as one from Age Heating & Cooling.
- Both LED lights aren’t lit. This indicates your heating system might not be receiving power. Look at the breaker box to confirm the heating system fuse isn’t tripped. You should reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” area. If it instantly flips following a reset, don’t touch the breaker and call us at 208-603-2210.
- An individual light is continuous and the other is blinking slowly. This signifies the flame rollout switch is may be open. The part is a critical safety mechanism that aids in avoiding fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to take care of this issue without professional help.
- A single light is flickering rapidly and the other is flashing slowly. This often signifies power polarity has been transposed. Your heater might have a wiring problem that needs expert support from Age Heating & Cooling.
- The pair of lights are blinking slowly. This signifies your heater’s blower motor likely isn’t running. This component moves warm air from the HVAC system into your residence. We can assist in determining what’s wrong with this part.
- A single light is flashing slowly and the other is blinking rapidly. This means your HVAC system could have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Contact our experts at 208-603-2210 for help.
- One light is flickering on, on, off while the other flickers on, off, on. This signifies there could be trouble with your heating system’s motherboard or wiring. Age Heating & Cooling can determine the issue and repair it.
- Both lights are using alternating slow flickers. This indicates your heater possibly has a flame issue. There could be trouble with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Contact us at 208-603-2210 for support.
- A single light blinks slowly while the other remains steady. This usually indicates your heating system’s limit switch is not working. The switch keeps your heating system from becoming too warm. Call the specialists at Age Heating & Cooling for assistance.
Heater Blower Operates But No Warm Air
Here’s what may be at fault when you notice your heater’s blower fan running, but you aren’t getting any warm air.
- Both lights are giving alternate fast blinks. This signifies your furnace ignitor might not be in working order. This part kindles energy in your heater to make warmth and should be serviced by a technician from Age Heating & Cooling.
Trust Us for Skilled Furnace Repair
When you need to have your heating system in working order without delay, trust the experts at Age Heating & Cooling. Our techs will take care of the fault without delay and have your house feeling comfortable again in no time. Get in touch with us at 208-603-2210 or contact us online to request an appointment today.