Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Sandpoint season, have the experts at Age Heating & Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Age Heating & Cooling today at 208-578-4258.