During the colder Sandpoint months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Age Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Age Heating & Cooling as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Age Heating & Cooling can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Age Heating & Cooling at 208-578-4258 or arrange an appointment with us online.