As we get deeper in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 208-578-4258 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving Age Heating & Cooling in Sandpoint a call at 208-578-4258. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.